Sunday 6 January 2013

Christmas break box office visits

I had the pleasure of going to the cinema on Sunday evening with my girlfriend to see a film, that I wasn't particularly in the mood for, called Seven Psychopaths. Don't get me wrong, it is and was my type of film but late on a Sunday evening? I was pretty sceptical, yet came out converted with a potentially new No.1 film of 2012!



Although I don't watch a lot of television I have seen several good films and the more twisting the plot the better! Martin McDonagh does a wonderful job at creating a Tarantinoesque plot that Guy Richie would also be proud of.
With a script that uses language which makes your ears spontaneously combust, sexist remarks and impromptu gunfights with extreme heinz 57 blood splatter, it is not a film for the feint hearted. Clearly orientated towards a male audience, it will not let you down if this is your type of film. 
Another good performance from a stereotypically irish Colin Farrell who plays an alcoholic scriptwriter with many issues and other classic performances from his psychopathic best friend "Billy" (Sam Rockwell)  and his dog-napping partner in crime "Hans" (Christopher Walken).

Right a whistle stop tour of the rest of the films:

The Hobbit was rather fantastic as well, so much so I went and saw it twice. Richard Armitage played a  brilliant Thorin and Martin Freeman was a wonderful choice to play a younger Bilbo Baggins. With a much faster tempo than The Lord of the Rings it really kept my attention throughout and I cannot wait for the next part.

Life of Pi, a magnificent journey of colour and action as the faith and hope of a young christian, muslim, hindu Indian boy struggles for his life in open water with nothing but an adult Bengal Tiger for company. A wonderful tale of faith and determination with life lessons throughout.

Finally, the slightly gruesome, very realistic, tear jerking The Impossible. An incredible story of a family's quest to find each other after having been swept away during the devastating 2004 Indonesian tsunami. It was an incredible film that had the tears streaming most of the way through. I won't ruin it, but it does have a happy ending! :)

My advice for 2013, go and watch all four of these films if you haven't already.
Oh, and go and get fit! 






No comments:

Post a Comment